Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Favorite Palindrome


The words that read the same way:
front to back.
Like mom.
Like dad.
Like kayak.
Some others you may know:
Like radar
And madam.
Perhaps you’ve heard of “A man, a plan, a canal: Panama”.
Or maybe you’ve met “God’s dog”.
I recall another.
My dad’s name was Bob.
He loved to point out that,
“It’s spelled B-O-B.
Spell it backwards; it’s B-O-B.”
We always laughed.
Next to him,
I have another favorite palindrome.
It has feathers.
It’s gray
And yellow.
With orange
And white.
He was found one day
Another state away.
Since then,
He’s rarely out of my sight.
Originally, 
He was named BB.
That’s the same front to back,
Obviously.
But recently,
It dawned on me,
His nickname follows a similar track.
Because we also call him
Beeb. 


1 comment:

  1. So cute, I also remember your dad making the Bob joke. lol :)

    ReplyDelete